2017: Alaskan Adventure (8420)
8 days from Fairbanks to Anchorage
From Fairbanks to Anchorage, see what the "Great Land" of Alaska has to offer on this exhilarating vacation. In Alaska, wildlife viewing is abundant-from bald eagles to Dall sheep-and this Alaska tour not only gives you the opportunity to see spectacular scenery and wildlife, it also gives you the opportunity to learn about Alaska's history and the Alaska Native people. A highlight of this Alaska tour includes two nights spent in Denali National Park & Preserve, a six-million-acre park and home to North America's highest mountain, Mount Denali. Here, free time gives you the chance to hike along the many wilderness trails or to take advantage of optional outings, such as a raft trip down the Nenana River or a wildlife tour to seek out grizzly bears, moose, Dall sheep, and more. Another highlight of this Alaska tour is a ride on the legendary Alaska Railroad from Denali National Park to Anchorage. You'll be delighted by the stunning scenery seen through the wide windows and from the domed-roof car. It is nothing short of spectacular! In Fairbanks, Alaska's second-largest city, cruise on the Nenana River aboard a sternwheeler riverboat and visit a recreated Athabascan Indian Village, where you'll learn how the Athabascans lived and survived in the harsh Alaska climate. In Anchorage, visit the Anchorage Museum to see artifacts from Alaska's Native people. In Seward, one of Alaska's most scenic towns, visit the Alaska Sealife Center, where you'll get an up-close encounter with marine wildlife-such as seals and sea lions-from the Gulf of Alaska. On this Alaska tour designed for value-minded travelers, you'll experience fun-filled activities and beautiful scenery. It's a vacation of a lifetime!
FAIRBANKS Bridgewater Hotel (MF)DENALI NATIONAL PARK Denali Bluffs (F)ANCHORAGE Ramada Anchorage (MF)
FAIRBANKS Bridgewater Hotel (MF)DENALI NATIONAL PARK Denali Bluffs (F)ANCHORAGE Ramada Anchorage (MF)
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 6/30/2017
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Fairbanks||Welcome to Fairbanks, the state's second-largest city. Your Tour Director is on hand late this afternoon to answer any questions.|
|Day 2||Fairbanks||Morning sightseeing features highlights of this historic city, a chance to learn about the community's Gold Rush heritage, and visits the Alyeska Pipeline. Board the STERNWHEELER RIVERBOAT Discovery III for a cruise on the Nenana River, and visit a recreated ATHABASCAN INDIAN VILLAGE. Listen as the ship's guides discuss the wildlife, history, geology, and customs of the region.|
|Day 3||Denali National Park||Today we make our way from Fairbanks to DENALI NATIONAL PARK & PRESERVE. Stop in the town of Nenana, where they drove the golden spike in 1923 to signal the completion of the Alaska Railroad. Your afternoon and evening are free to explore on your own. Take advantage of the park service programs, along with optional activities that can be purchased.|
|Day 4||Denali National Park||A free day for independent activities. A hike along the many wilderness trails might be fun. Also take advantage of several optional outings, including a wildlife tour to seek out grizzly bears, caribou, moose, and Dall sheep; a raft trip down the Nenana River; or a helicopter ride over the park. Your Tour Director will have plenty of suggestions.|
|Day 5||Anchorage||Board the world-famous ALASKA RAILROAD for a memorable journey, winding along the Susitna River to Anchorage. Sit back in comfort and enjoy spectacular scenery through wide windows. Be sure to take advantage of the domed-roof car and, if the weather cooperates, you will have the opportunity to view Mount Denali, formerly known as Mount McKinley, from the train.|
|Day 6||Anchorage||Today begins with city sightseeing in Anchorage. Visit the ANCHORAGE MUSEUM to see a quality display of artifacts from Alaska's Native people. The afternoon is free to explore.|
|Day 7||Anchorage||Travel this morning to Seward, 'Gateway to Kenai Fjords National Park,' on the Seward Highway, a designated National Scenic Byway. Visit the ALASKA SEALIFE CENTER, a research facility offering an up-close encounter with marine wildlife from the Gulf of Alaska. Your afternoon is free to join some optional adventures such as a cruise into Kenai Fjords National Park, where you travel up to the face of a glacier, or visit the kennels of the Seavey family, winners of the Iditarod Races from 2012-2015, and ride behind a dogsled team at Ididaride. If you choose to stay in Seward, enjoy lunch in the charming downtown area and enjoy a scenic walk along the coastal trail. This evening, return to Anchorage.|
|Day 8||Anchorage||The trip ends today with guests departing on individual schedules. Transfers to Anchorage International Airport are included.|
- US$ Price Details
Gratuities for Tour Director and driver are available for pre-purchase. Prices based on double room occupancy.Single Room Supplement:from $665 to $755Triple Room Reduction per person:from $15 to $35Additional accommodations before or after your tour may be available.Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Cosmos, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Cosmos, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Cosmos to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Cosmos menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Cosmos).